Pleasing God

"Am I now [a]trying to win the favor and approval of men, or of God? Or am I seeking to please someone? If I were still trying to be popular with men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10 (AMP)

A bond-servant of Christ. I have heard these words been spoken into my heart several years ago. And now Holy Spirit reminded me again of these words. 

"Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant." - Galatians 1:10 (NLT)

I am Chris's servant therefore pleasing people is not my goal. It is obvious that I am here to win the approval of God, and not of people. (paraphrased by me)

Then here comes the question. How to be pleasing and win the approval of God?

I have been thinking for a while and then I got to the point where I finally realized that the answer is undeniably (simple): JESUS.

Jesus walked the earth as the "beloved Son in Whom God the Father is well pleased". (see Matthew 3:17)

So, if I want to please God and win His approval then I gotta be like Jesus. 

So the next question arises. How can I be like Jesus?

Thank God for the Holy Spirit. The only way to be like Jesus is to receive and have the same Spirit as His. And according to Romans 8, the same Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead lives in me! (and you also, if you believe in Him).

Hence, to be like Jesus means to be led by the Spirit all the time. 

The final question for today, how to be led by the Spirit all the time?

By RECEIVING the Holy Spirit as well as His Word, and be constantly RENEWED (see Romans 12:2).

My personal conclusion:
Be led by the Holy Spirit does not mean my life will be bored and 'restricted'. Holy Spirit is the most happiest, fun and joyful person on earth. Being led by Him is the best decision that I could have ever made.

Prayer:
Holy Spirit, thank you for being in my life, I need You today, I want to be led by You...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Generation Who Seek God

BENAR-BENAR MERDEKA

HARTA DAN HATI